The Following is a list of The Top MOST Healing Foods regarding radiation exposure.
1) Eat brown rice: whole grains, especially brown rice, are high in fiber and phosphorous, which help remove harmful toxins from the body.
2) Eat seaweed, kelp, and other sea vegetables: Canadian researchers have reported that sea vegetables contain a polysaccharide that selectively binds radioactive strontium to help eliminate it from the body. According to this account, “In laboratory experiments, sodium alginate prepared from kelp, kombu, and other brown seaweeds off the Atlantic and pacific coasts was introduced along with strontium and calcium into rats. The reduction of radioactive particles in bone uptake, measured in the femur, reached as high as 80%, with little interference with calcium absorption.”
3) Eat miso soup: In 1945 when Dr. Tatsuichiro Akizuki, M.D., Director of Internal Medicine at a hospital in Nagasaki, had his staff eat a diet of brown rice, miso soup, seaweed, and pumpkin, and prohibited them from eating any sugar or sweets, his staff and patients were much healthier and did not succumb to radiation sickness.
4) Stop eating sugar or sweets of any kind: You’ve known forever that sugar, especially refined sugar and corn syrups, are harmful for you and your children. With this crisis in Japan it is a good time to go cold turkey and stop the sweets, which is another of Akizuki’s recommendations.
5) Consider iodine supplements: This might be the most important thing you can do in the longterm but I put it last on the list because I think whole food intervention should be our first defense and because I worry about the quality of supplements. Still, we want to make sure our thyroids don’t absorb radioactive thyroid. To do this, we must have adequate iodine levels in our bodies, but we also need to be careful not to take too much iodine and be aware that iodine is secreted into breast milk.
Please Note that there is dramatic restriction of information through Facebook and Twitter. As Social Media are bought out, and controlled by the greater media, "keeping the masses mellow" is happening. Lots of users are reporting that their posts are being removed and further linking is being blocked.
I have taken screen shots for the websites posting realtime information below - Click on the pictures to take you to the LIVE site.
This is really good.
Animation of Radioactive Plume
Graphic of Radiation exposure perspective
Here is the basic info sending out to media from the Nuclear Safety Technology Center
Chiba, Japan Geiger Counter, March, 15 7:45PST
220 Km from Fukushima - this is inside a building too. 15 km from Tokyo
Pic taken March 15th 7:49pm PST Vancouver time
Geiger Counter Tokyo
Click below to see the rest of the links!
Iodine 1-4 drops*(.25 mg per drop) every 1-4 days*, Individual needs will vary and you must be careful not to take too much.
The benefit of sea vegetables is the natural iodine (and synergistic Nutrients). If there is insufficient iodine in the diet radioactive iodine-131 will be absorbed and collected in the thyroid gland. Even if radioactive iodine is absorbed by the thyroid, taking natural iodine helps offset the side effects of exposure.
According to Dr. Russell Morgan, one mg. of iodine for children and five mg. for adults taken daily will reduce by about 80 percent the radioactive iodine accumulated in the thyroid. Whole foods are the best source of iodine, e.g. sea vegetables like hijiki, arame, kombu and dulse.
WATER!!! Iodine is leached from the thyroid gland by drinking chlorinated water. Avoid iodized salt which contains excessive sodium and no potassium. Sea vegetables are rich in vitamins and contain most if not all of the essential minerals and trace elements. Sea vegetables also help dissolve fat and mucus deposits.
Vitamin C and Bio-flavonoids: researchers at Harvard Medical School said, “Our experiment showed that vitamin C can prevent damage from radiation….it somehow keeps the radiation from killing the cells.” Their experiment indicates that the dosage for humans exposed to intensive radiation would be approximately 10 grams per day---a mega dose. (More about C and radiation later from Dr. Thomas Levy. The literature must be studied before mega dosing but levels up to 50,000 and more have been administered for short periods with good results. If more than 750 mg. of vitamin C is taken daily, calcium, magnesium, B6 (within the whole B Complex), and sufficient water to prevent kidney stones. The body cannot store much C and it is used for darn near everything in the body, so make sure you get enough.)
Fermented Foods Due to their multiple beneficial effect on the intestines, fermented foods help to counteract the toxins from radioactive fallout that is ingested from foods, e.g. yogurt, sauerkraut, kefir, etc.
"More recent first hand Russian stories involve residents in towns near the Chernobyl meltdown of the 1980’s. As the horrific radiation exposure ravaged the victims over the weeks and months following the accident, doctors and scientists noticed a group of people seemingly resistant to the effects, many of whom were elderly women. When traced back, the common thread turned out to be that those who consumed Kombucha regularly survived the radiation."
NOTE: No one is an expert here and we are not qualified to share medical information. We are sharing information that we are learning from several sources. Please check with your doctor before taking any kind of supplements. One of the best websites on the net for your health: